Stay up to date with our latest events, products and deals.
ASSISTANT BREWER Start Date - july 1st 2017
Gloucester Brewery is currently hiring an Assistant Brewer. We are looking for a smart, highly motivated professional with a demonstrable passion for craft beer who wants to be the inspired link between the grain and the glass. We are a growing brewery founded in 2011 providing a range of craft cask, keg and bottled beers. We offer professional development with qualifications in brewing from the IBD.
We try to expose our entry level brewers to all of the aspects of brewery operation. You’ll start washing and filling casks and you will have the opportunity to move up as you prove yourself. Typical daily tasks include:
· Brewing process steps from weighing malt to filling the fermenters to dry hopping and racking
· Packaging beer in casks, kegs and bottles
· Tracking fermentation
· Quality assurance
· Receiving shipments of materials
· Record keeping
· Cleaning (casks, tanks, floors, walls, and anything else that needs it)
· And more cleaning. If you can’t stand cleaning, this is not the job for you.
· Self-motivated and proactive
· Adaptable and able to efficiently manage time and tasks
· Thorough, conscientious and hygienic
· A passion for and knowledge of craft beer
· Previous brewing / home brewing experience preferable
· Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
£16-19K per annum depending on experience and qualifications